Monday, October 8, 2012

Week Five: Finding Nemo. . .or at Least your Voice Online!

Here we are at week five.  When I reflect back on last year's class, it seems so vastly different from the current class.  Part of it is me, part of it is you, and part of it is simply the passage of time and the blending of us.  I find this comforting.  Others might find this troubling.  Either way, the learning is not the same.  I think this is an argument for learning being a shared experience. . .

Tonight, I want to discuss the concept of a CoP (Community of Practice).  I am curious as to how you all feel about this and how it affects your beliefs about your learning.  Can a "visitor" also be an active member of a CoP?  How long is it appropriate to be a "lurker?"  What does learning look like?  Where does learning occur?  Is "book" learning different from the other ways in which we learn?

I also want to examine your passions and begin to find the direction your learning will take this semester.  What topics do you want to curate?  What CoPs do you want to join?  This is when we begin to discuss educational/leadership chats and their roll in your network. . .

It's time for you begin tweeting more. . .and commenting on things you find and read, and sharing, and archiving/curating content. . .and . . .blogging about your experiences . . .

Have you thought about your classroom visit?  What types of schools would you like to see?  We can discuss everyone's connections.

Lastly, I want you to begin to formulate some ideas for your 20% project. . .in fact I want you to blog some ideas and I, and your peers, will give you some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment