Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week Nine: Sharing Pink Project and your Progress

My Daughter Zoe (right) at the Breast Cancer 5K
I hope that everyone has had a great week. I had a crazy but awesome one as I changed jobs at the SDCOE and gave two presentations at the 2012 Fall San Diego CUE on Saturday. However, I always look forward to our time together on Monday.   For many of you, I'm sure that Monday creates a bit of anxiety as, no matter how you "learn," it is still a good amount of work and not easy to squeeze into your busy lives. If you are still struggling with balance, read the advice from some of your peers: Maureen,  Far, Nour, and Lindsay.

In Monday's class, I want to have you all present the Pink/Whole New Mind collaborative project.  I also want to ensure that it is linked to all of your blogs.  I also want you to share your progress on the 20% projects with your peers and me (if you read this early, you could write a blog post!).  I haven't noticed any reflections on educational chats. . .let's take a deeper look at the schedule and expectations to ensure you know what to do.  I also want to share and discuss all of the various PLN checklists and guidelines you created.  

Next week, you will have the evening to work on your 20% projects. . .so it is important that we set a date for the classroom/individual school visits as well as ensure any questions you might have about what you should be doing to cultivate your PLN.

I almost forgot. . .there is a new Edmodo interface!!  You should have received emails notifying you of the change. . .we'll look at it and how it has changed!!

Question: What is your favorite holiday and why?  

9 comments:

  1. My favorite holiday is Christmas. Mostly because for me it involves a series of other sub-holiday events for the Christmas season. One of the first ones will be my family's Posada, which is a Mexican Christmas party tradition. It's when I get to see most of my extended family. Then of course there is an awesome Christmas Mass and Christmas Eve dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is by far my favorite Holiday. I feel like even the air changes during that time. People are nicer and cheerful and there are so many reminders around almost every corner to remind us of this special time. Christmas lights, decorations, and blessings even on the road :) its also a time in which no school or work gets in the way of spending time with those I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas because it is a time that I spend with my entire family cherishing each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me it is called Eid Al Fottour, it will be after Our holly month Ramadan.. We will celebrate and have family visits. For me the first day will be crazy because I will get up in the don go to the mosque and then eat breakfast in my ant's house. After that I will go to my relatives houses. then to my husband grandmother house and have lunch. After that to his other grandma house. and then to my grandma house. In the eid Also the kids will get (Eideyah) money from their relatives.
    My kids Yousif and Zaina miss this Eid gattering
    They also celebrate Eid in San Diego But in my country it has a different taste

    Wow I find myself enjoing writting this comment. You brought me memories Jiff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading about this holiday from such a personal perspective, thanks for sharing Nour!

      Delete
  5. I love Christmas and the holiday season that surrounds it. Throughout all the busyness of the year Christmas is the only holiday that tends to remain 'untouched' and I am able to go home to visit my family. I really love being able to spend time with my relatives, celebrate the season, and all of the family tradition that goes with it--Christmas Eve candlelight church service, opening gifts Christmas day, going to visit both of my Grandmas, eating orange roughy, and vicious cribbage tournaments (followed by long naps :)--good times and great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me it is a tie, between Christmas Eve and New Years Eve for different reasons.

    I am a very family oriented person. My family is my everything and Christmas Eve is the holiday where not only my mom's side of the family gets together but also my dad's side of the family. (My family is connected by two families, my dad's sister married my mom's brother, so our family really is one big family). I used to travel to Mexico City every single year, so I have very fond memories of this holiday.

    New Years Eve has become something symbolic to me as of late because my husband and I began celebrating this holiday with one another about 5 years ago. We usually make it a point to isolate ourselves and to go off on our own and celebrate. As of late we have been going to Disneyland and staying at one of the hotels and enjoying the new year there.

    So, yes it's a tie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas...by far. It's a great time for family to get together, swap stories, jokes and simply appreciate each other and the good fortune we share. One unanticipated benefit of the many mixed cultures in my family are the great food we share as well. Thai, Chinese, Filipino, German, Hungarian and English. (Well, that last one could be dropped!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a tie: I love thanksgiving- food and football! And New Year's Eve, the general feeling of the holiday with food, friends, love, reflection, hope, energy, and hopefully with some snow :)

    ReplyDelete